Guide to Proper Seating:
Dimensions given are for three types of installations and are basic standards only.
- Luxurious seating such as dining – 14 sq. ft. per person
- Intermediate seating such as cafeteria, restaurant, cafe – 12 sq. ft. per person
- Economical such as banquet – 10 sq. ft. per person
- Square seating, 66? minimum between edges of tops, 30? aisle plus two chairs, back to back 36?.
- Diagonal seating, 36? minimum between corners of tops.
- Wall seating, minimum 30?.
- Square seating, 54? minimum between table edges, 36? for two chairs back to back plus 18? for push out.
- Diagonal seating, 30? minimum between corners of tops.
- Square seating, 24? minimum from edge of table top to wall, 18? for person seated plus 6? to push out chair.
- Diagonal seating, 12? minimum from corner of top to wall.
- Allow 18? for person seated, from edge or table to back of chair.
- 17? from floor to seat.
- Rear legs protruding past back of chair lose floor space.